Sunday, November 18, 2007

Soundtrack

Here are a few lyrics to a few songs that have touched me...feel free to add your own!

So every time you hold me
Hold me like this is the last time
Every time you kiss me
Kiss me like you’ll never see me again
Every time you touch me
Touch me like this is the last time
Promise that you’ll love me
Love me like you’ll never see me again
~Alicia Keys "Like you'll never see me again"


Cause your eyes are the windows to heaven
Your smile could heal a million souls
Your love completes my existence
You're the other half that makes me whole
~Amel Larrieux "Makes me whole"

It could all be so simple
But you'd rather make it hard
Loving you is like a battle
And we both end up with scars
Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity
No one loves you more than me
And no one ever will
~Lauryn Hill "Ex-Factor"

Lord they really think they fooling you by coming to church on Sunday
Praying and laying hands on folks stomping and jumping around faking the holy ghost
But its a thin line between walking it and talking it
Living it and giving it or just pretending it's alright
And did they really think that they could pull the wool over your eyes Lord
Did they really think that by faking they were saved that they would get the same reward
This be the realest thing I ever wrote for sure
After this a lot of folks wont like me no mo'but after this I gotta go answer to you Lord
So I've made up my mind I'm a go to church on Sunday and sing a song that may hurt Somebody's feelings so that maybe Thy will, will be done on earth as it is in heaven
And hopefully they will see how much they really be discouraging a little old sinner like me
~Lyfe Jennings "Made up my mind"

This woman is growing weary
Of having to be so strong
Of having to pretend I’m made of stone
So I won’t end up with no broken bones
I can’t fight every battle aloneI want someone to lift me
Heal my wounds and give me kisses on my head
Say words that should be said
Fear is not the matter
I would so much rather open up my heart
And lay down my guard
~Amel Larrieux "Weary"

There ain't no room
For the hopeless sinner
Whom would hurt all mankind
Just to save his own
Have pitty on those whose
Chances grow thinner
For there is no hiding place
Against the kingdom's throne
People get ready
There's a train a commin'
You don't need no baggage
You just get on board
All You need is faith
To hear the diesels hummin'
You don't need no ticket
You just thank the Lord
~Curtis Mayfield "People get ready"

For what is a man?
What has he got?
If not himself - Then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way.
~Frank Sinatra "My Way"

And then I go to see my brother
And I ask him to help me please
And he just winds up knockin' me
Back down on my knees
There were times when I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long, been a long time coming
But I know a change is gonna come
~Sam Cooke "A change is gonna come"

There will come a day
The song will ring out
Down those golden streets
The voices of earth with the angels will sing
Every knee will bow
Sin will have no trace
In the glory of His amazing grace
~Faith Hill "There will come a day"

I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes
Tonight I wanna cry
~Keith Urban "Tonight I wanna cry"

Ain't nobody ever took the time to try to teach me what love was but you
And I ain't never trust anyone enough to let em tell me what to do
Teach me how to really show it and show me how to really love you baby
Teach me please just show me yeah
Cause I'm willing
To let go of my fears girl I'm serious
About all that I've said
Girl I wanna love you with all my heart
Baby show me where to start
Teach me how to love
~Musiq "Teach Me"

She say she never done it
She say she never tried
She sittin there tellin a mutha fuckin lie!
~Kilo Ali "Love in ya mouth"

Takin' my hits, writin' my hits
Writin' my rhymes, playin' my mind
This fuckin' job can't help him
So I quit, y'all welcome
Y'all don't know my struggle
Y'all can't match my hustle
You can't catch my hustle
You can't fathom my love dude
Lock yourself in a room doin' five beats a day for three summers
That's a different world like Cree Summers
I deserve to do these numbers
The kid that made that deserves that Maybach
So many records in my basement
I'm just waitin' on my spaceship
~Kanye West "Spaceship"

See I ain't got to get in your blouse
It's your eye contact, that be getting me aroused
When you show me your mind, it make me wanna show you mines
Reflecting my light, when it shines, just takin our time
Before the night's through, we could get physical tooI
ain't tryin to say I don't wanna fuck, cause I do
But for me boo, makin love is just as much mental
I like to know what I'm gettin into
~Dead Prez "Mind Sex"

I been thinkin bout u lately
Thoughts take me to when we were close
Addicted 2 your love, feel i need another dose
I know it's a feeling
That should be long gone
Things seem to come up
When I hear our song
Golden brown girl, it seem so long
Since i heard your voice
Where did the king go wrong?
Emotions that that they linger on
I guess cause i never knew a love so strong
~Common " I want you"

My cornerstone
You're who I go to
The love that you've shown
Doesn't compare to any unknown
You're the exception, treasure
My patient love...Forever enduring you
One look at youYou see right through me
You know my moods
You know what I'm thinking
Feel what I'm feeling
Cause you're my best friend true, oh you
~Goapele ft. Dwele "You"

You are the only one
That's patient when I fall
Your angel's come to save me
Every time I call
You don't laugh at me
When I make mistakes and cry
You're not like man
You understand me
See people change
One day they don't like you
The next they do
I wish that everyone Could love me just like you
So here I am This sinful man
Peace won't allow
I was wondering can you hold me now
~Kirk Franklin "Hold me now"

I am the stone that the builder refused
I am the visual, the inspiration
That made Lady Sing the Blues...
I'm the spark that makes your idea bright
The same spark that lights the dark
So that you can know your left from your right...
I am the ballot in the box, the bullet in the gun
The innerglow that lets you know
To call your brother sun...
The story that just begun
The promise of what's to come
And I'm a remain a soldier 'til the war is won
~Asheru "Boondocks Theme"

Have a baby by me,
Baby Be a millionaire
I write the check before the baby comes,
Who the fuck cares?
~50 Cent "I get money"

ALL I NEED IS ONE LIFE,
ONE TRY,
ONE BREATH I'M ONE MAN
WHAT I STAND FOR SPEAKS FOR ITSELF,
THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND
Or wanna see me on top, too egotistical
Talkin all that slick shit, the same way these bitches do
Wonder what my secrets is, niggaz'll move on you
only if they know, what your weakness is I have none
~NAS "One Mic"

I could buy my own groceries baby
Get my hair tight, my nails right
I can floss my own bling bling
Write the words to the songs I sing
I can even raise the child we'll make
Make sure he's loved and knows what God gave us
I can teach him how to walk and stand
But he needs you to help him be a man
We need you
So hard to say
We need you
~Jill Scott "The fact is (we need you)"

Set the standard for Atlanta, rearranged the league
Okay, so what tha fuck is fame to me?
I been poppin' since kindergarten, you's a lame to me
I give the niggas what they came to see
A reflection of one self where they aim to be
As you can see it ain't no changin me
And you won't meet another nigga off the chain as me
I'm so fly, no lie, don't deny it, ya feel it
So inspired by my style, decided to try it yo'self
Bet you won't, meet nobody ranked as high as myself
The checks you waitin' on, homes, I can sign them myself
~T.I. "Be Easy" MY THEME!

Our love was, comfortable and
so broken in
she's perfect, so flawless
I'm not impressed, I want you back.
~John Mayer "Comfortable"

What's the feeling that I get
Every single time I look deep into your eyes
What's the tingle that I feel
At the touch of your hand up & down my spine
What's so funny, in my belly tryna tell me something
Feels like butterflies
What's the feeling, what's the tingle, what's the tickle,
What's the world got for you and I
And I swear it's real,
Yes it is can't nobody ever tell me otherwise
And I swear I feel,
No I can't deny what I'm feeling inside
Is this the way love feels?
~Chrisette Michele "Is this the way love feels"

Lately my soul’s been aching
It’s like I’m stuck in this state of competency
I love her with my whole heart
But we can’t escape the fights
We breakup Then, makeup the next night
Our relationship lacks trust
But neither one of us
Can’t seem to walk away
Cuz we’re bottled up in this lust
And I know I wanna hit
Cuz the sexual chemistry
Takes over her and me
And then I hear her scream
~Brandon Hines "Overdose"

And I got misery
Cause I know loving you's a sin
And I'll be on my knees
Praying that I don't give in
Now baby you and me
Never ever could have been
So I got misery
Because I'll love you till the end
~Amel Larrieux "Sweet Misery"

See I picks my friends like I pick my fruit
My granny told me that when I was only a youth
I don't walk around trying to be what Im not
I don't waste my time trying to get what you got
I work at pleasin me
Cause I can't please you and thats why I do what I do
~Erykah Badu "Appletree"

Well, from my understanding people get better
when they start to understand that, they are valuable
And they not valuable because they got a whole lot of money
or cause somebody, think they sexy
but they valuable cause they been created by God
And God, makes you valuable
And whether or not you, recognize that value is one thing
You got a lot of socities and governments
tryin to be God, wishin that they were God
They wanna create satellites and cameras everywhere
and make you think they got the all-seein eye
~Mos Def "Fear Not of Man"

I remember when you filled my heart with joy
was I blind to the truth, just there to fill the space?
cause now, you have no interest in anything that I have to say
and I've allowed you to make me feel(I feel so dumb)
what kind of fool am I?
you so easily set me aside
you made a fool of me
tell me why
you say that you don't care, but
we made love, tell me why
you made a fool of me
~Me'Shell Ndegeocello "Fool of me"

I am crying, a part of me is dying and
These are, these are
The confessions of a broken heart
~Lindsey Lohan "Confessions of a Broken Heart"

So the words you could not say
I'll sing them for you
And the love we would have made
I'll make it for two
For every single memory
Has become a part of me
You will always be My love
Well I've been loved
So I know just what love is
And the lover that I kissed
Is always by my side
~George Michael "Jesus to a child"

No comments: